You may be presented with a lot of scenarios in which you might need to go to a car rental. A group of friends might be coming to Singapore for a visit or you might have a series of activities that you need a car to accomplish with. In that case it will be wise for you to hire a car. But before you do that, there are certain things which you need to keep in mind. This is because if you don’t, then the chances of you being ripped off significantly increases. So by keeping these handy tips and tricks in mind, not only will you be able to get an amazing service, but you will also be able to save yourself some money in the process.
So how to do you save money on car rental?
- The GPS is a feature which you should say no to in the case of renting a car. If you are visiting a new city, you can simply just use the google map GPS feature installed on your phone rather than renting the company’s GPS service.
- The second thing which you should do is deny insurance. While insurance is a good thing and you would definitely want to be covered in cases of emergencies, this can actually add up to your total cost. On the other hand, what you can actually do is make the payment with your credit card. This is because majority of the credit card companies offer insurance coverage as an added benefit.
- Fuel is something which is important as well. In a lot of cases, you as a customer would be asked to pay for the petrol bills. In that case, try to get the petrol tank filled up from the cheapest places. Now, the problem may be that you have no prior knowledge about the differences in the prices of petrol, which can be quite problematic. In that case, it is always better to do your homework beforehand.
- Always go for the most popular and top-rated car rental websites. Not only they very reliable, but they can also help you to get a very good deal when you call them and negotiate on the phone.
- Always ask for a discount whenever you can. This is because these car rental services keep giving out discounts from time to time, especially during the festive seasons. So always keep an eye out so that you can avail this golden opportunity.
If you want more tips on saving for car rental, limousine as well as bus charter services, feel free to visit our limousine blog for more information. Additionally, if you are ready to rent a car, visit our partner, weddingcars.sg. Other than wedding car rental, they also provide weekday or weekend car rental packages at affordable rates.